Andrew McCullough's Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Important Fight for Freedom

October 18, 2012 I left my office lat last night, but I am back at it early becuase I didn't sleep well. Too much on my mind. Yesterday I was in court in Ogden with my Democratic opponent. Dee Smith. Dee is a nice enough guy to talk to; but he is an outspoken advocate of the failed drug war, and thinks the solustion is just to get tougher, and put more people in jail. He strongly supports the death penalty, and his "gang injunction" makes it a crime for certan people to associate in public (but not in church). He is a prime example of the Utah Democratic Party's effort to move to the right in the "year of Mitt". This strategy will not work. The Democrats are setting themselves up to be clobbered; and it has deprived the people of Utah of a real choice. The last several weeks have shown what has happened to the Republican Party. It has become the captive of the religious Right to the point of craziness. The Repbulican candidate for Senate in Missouri says that abortions are unnecessary in the case of rape, because women just don't get pregnant "in the case of legitiomate rape." A Republican congressman from Georgia said that the scientifically proven fact of evolution is "lies from the pit of hell". A Republican candidate for the legislature in Arkansas says that slavwery was a good thing for black people, because it brought them to civilization. I know one thing for sure, as a lawyer who regulary practices in the Federal Courts: it will be a disater if Mitt Romney appoints Federal judges. No, I am not all that happy with the present president. In Utah, he allows Senator Hatch to appoint Federal judges. But I know that it will be worse with Mitt. Because I do not see a real choice for freedom with the two "major parties", I am running for Utah Attorney General on the Libertarian Party ticket. Our presidantial candidate, Gary Johnson, has been excluded from televised deabates; but he is the best man for the job. Here in Utah, there have been no publshed polls, as far as I can tell. There have, however, been two debates between my two opponents, both without invitations to me. Why am I axcluded? Is it because the polls (what polls?) show me as not being viable? Or is it because the media is just too lazy to do their job and report what is going on? Either way, I am working hard to be noticed. I could still use more help in the form of donations and time. I still have close to 300 yard signs to put up. Drop my my office at 6885 S. State St. in Midvale (upstairs) and get some. Then join me in the fight for a real choice. We have nothing to lose but our chains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Politics blogs blog search directory Politics Top Blogs